Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Dropped my Dancing Dragons-boosted combo late on in the Mega Charizard comp, got 5.7k. Currently 800, top 1200 get the speedup.

EDIT: Actually top 2500 for speedup, confused it with turn-based competitions. Encountered 11 Vileplume in the Safari, but didn't get Alakazam.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So we got:
  • Kabutops High Speed challenge (Base 60 Rock-type w/ Barrier Bash+) (Bring Machamp)
  • Machamp Great Challenge Repeat
  • Darkrai Escalation Battle Repeat
EDIT: Next week...
  • Omastar Great Challenge (Base 60 Water-type w/ Rock Break+) (Bring Pikachu)
  • Mega Charizard Y Competition Repeat
And Darkrai prizes:

Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 75: 5 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 125: 5 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 175: 5 Hearts
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup

Last edited:
Bah, at 3806 I was seven spots away from getting the speedup... I knew I should've just kept the combo going instead of stopping to reset dancing dragons!

Great for Mega Char Y ! Fot Mega Char X but I really need a Fire Mega !
Got Machamp using Disruption Delay + Power Attack
There are so many Ghost/Dark types which are only useful against Psychic/Ghost pokemon, but well, I will of course try the Escalation Battle. Level 100 seems reasonable ...

Will try Kabutops later ! 60 base damage is pretty low (especially with Tyranitar / Aurorus)

I'm running the Darkrai Escalation at least to 100 for the Speed Ups on my Mega Ray (13/20 right now), might side step at some point for Kabutops if I trickle enough Coins in between that and Weekend for an Attack Up + Great Ball. Been able to clear at least semi-consistently using Garchomp, Machamp, Dialga, and Palkia, but haven't caught yet and finish with at best 15 seconds.

Thankfully next week's competition isn't a big thing for me since I have Zard-Y already, so I'll be grabbing Omastar and then back to Meowth grinding to S-Rank the remaining Main stages once I finish the above for this week's stuff.

Didn't manage to get Zard X. I've been sick and been having a coin shortage after finally beating Machoke so there was no way I'd be able to get it. Got the Attack+ instead.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Forgot to play the Charizard X stage again so only got the atk+, however that's probably for the best since I was low on coins lately also not gonna miss such an awkward mega.

Caught Kabutops, using Double Damage Power Attack plus (I'll never remember the English name :D) + Great Ball.

Will start now Darkrai Escalation Battle.

What's the best Mega ? Medicham ? Lucario ? Gengar despite being NVE ? Heracross ? Diancie maybe

Ok, this is now doing my head in. I'm probably being really stupid. How the hell do you use a mega speed up? (On mobile btw). I have some, but I cannot work out how I'm supposed to apply/use them. Sorry for being dumb.

So this isn't a total waste of a post, on that note, what do you think the best Mega(s) to use them on? Gengar, because it's awesome, universally useful and already quick so why not make it even quicker? Or something slow like Ampharos, so you don't spend over half the game in base form?

The best Megas to use speedups on are Gengar, Mega Mewtwo Y(utilising its combo ability for coin grinding on Sunday Meowth+Mega Boosters) and Rayquaza, in that order. A fully candied Rayquaza breaks the game, as it's a massive combo generator.

I used my first 11 on Blastoise and Heracross as they're my favourites, and both were worth it at the time. Not so much now, especially with Mega Ray in the game.

(To answer your other question, in the Pokemon select screen, drag the speedup onto the pokemon icon whom you want to give it to)

Last edited:
I'm level 76 on Darkrai Escalation and god, it's always the same disruption, I'm totally bored ... I will stop at level 100 for sure ...

Level 75 is OMG difficult with a lot of disruptions (6 pokemons + unbreakable blocks)

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, this is now doing my head in. I'm probably being really stupid. How the hell do you use a mega speed up? (On mobile btw). I have some, but I cannot work out how I'm supposed to apply/use them. Sorry for being dumb.

So this isn't a total waste of a post, on that note, what do you think the best Mega(s) to use them on? Gengar, because it's awesome, universally useful and already quick so why not make it even quicker? Or something slow like Ampharos, so you don't spend over half the game in base form?
In order to use speedups you just need to drag and drop them to the Mega you want to boost.

As for who to give the speedups to the best Megas so far are: Gengar/Rayquaza > Lucario >Garchomp/Mewtwo Y
Full candied Rayquaza is godly if you've had the chance to gather speedups but if the 20 speedup toll is too much for you then I would skip it and get Mewtwo Y before Garchomp so you have a decently fast Mega for Weekend meowth.

UPDATE !
Omastar is here ! I managed to catch it using Pikachu (it's a disruption) + Double Damage.
Repeat Mega Charizard Y

Next week it seems that we will have 50 new main stages :x

And I finally stopped at level 100 at Darkrai .... Takes too much time :(

I can definitely say that a Candied Mega Ray is a phenomenal Mon, especially since he works well in almost any stage Gengar does and then an opposite, particularly stages with a fifth Support since he can eat those icons for combos compared to Gengar's potential in 3 mon stages.

Already have Zard Y and got Omastar first try thanks to Pikachu and my high anti-Water levels. Gonna be grinding Meowth for a while to S-Rank some of the remaining stages.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I got both fossils, took a few goes and an item or two, but both were caught in Poké Balls.

Had a few goes with Mega Ray optimise squads in the MCY competition and found Ray to be fairly inconsistent, best attempt being in the low 50k range. Ehhh hope it gets a speedup, but five bucks says nay... -.-'

Anyhow, back to Darkrai. Been using MMX / Gallade / Lucario / Machamp pretty much all the way so far and it has been holding up really well at the moment. Currently in the late 130's, aiming for at least 150 which will probably become 200 depending on how this team holds up later on.

What would you guys say is the best Mega for the CharY comp if I don't have Garchomp or any other SE megas yet? Something like Ampharos to get rid of the blocks?

Also... Squirtle, useful for this stage y/n - worth the drop in power over one of the other water types or not?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Edit: I only started playing about a month or two ago and I'm kicking myself on all the megas I've missed!

Last edited:
Gengar is the obvious choice for the competition if you don't have Mega Garchomp or Mega Blastoise, still might be the best choice even if you do. Ampharos is pretty unreliable for block removal, because it's random. This competition seems quite luck-based: one of the possible disruptions (metal on whole of column 3, according to pkparaiso. Might not be correct (haven't played the stage yet), because the others all only add blocks to the top two of a specific column) is much more damaging than the others. Skyfall Squirtle might get in the way if you don't use it, but it has quite low attack power, and there aren't that many in the skyfall. I think I'll go with Mega Gengar, Garchomp, Palkia, and Gigalith, although Mega Chomp can remove almost all of the starting metal blocks on the first move when a Mega Start is used.

Ok now can someone tell me what to use against Omastar, before I spend a ton of coins on it?
Pikachu. It is helpful in getting some combos, as Omastar spams Pikachu disruptions. Mega Ampharos works excellently, but only if you use a Mega Start. Otherwise use something like Mega Gengar. High-powered Super-Effective mons with Sleep Charm/Paralyze such as Shaymin and Raichu also make a good work out of Omastar. I used a party of Ampharos/Shaymin/Lilligant/Pikachu with only Mega Start and I beat it the first time.

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
My team was M-Ray|Zekrom|Shaymin|Pikachu and could beat Omastar quite consistently. M-Gengar, M-Manectric or M-Amphy could have probably worked as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)